The Goldfinch Room featuring Iowa singer/songwriters returns with Tuesday night performances on the Stephens Auditorium lawn with socially distanced seating areas. The lawn will open at 6:00pm with the music starting at 6:30pm for the following dates:
August 4 – Ryne Doughty
August 11 – David G. Smith
August 18 – Fred Love
To safely deliver events in the time of COVID-19, the following procedures will be followed:
- No advance ticket sales – pay upon arrival ($5 per person)
- Social distancing shapes will be marked on the lawn for up to 4 people. Parties will be asked to stay within these markings as we’ve allowed 6-8 feet between shapes. If you are part of a larger group, please email the Ticket Office at email@example.com by Monday at 2pm and we will adjust the size of the shape to accommodate your group.
- Bring your own lawn chairs and/or blankets. Pop-up tents/umbrellas will be allowed in the outer social distancing shapes.
- Face coverings will be required when entering and exiting the event as well as when moving around to restrooms or to purchase food and beverage. Face coverings will not be required once you are seated.
- We will be offering beer, wine, soda and water at an outdoor bar area.
- The Traveling Pig will be on site offering yummy menu items.
- Outside food and non-alcoholic beverages may be brought into the event.
- Restrooms will be open in Stephens and we will ask patrons to follow directional signage when entering and exiting the venue.
The event will be also livestreamed on the Goldfinch Room Facebook page with a virtual tip jar that will give listeners an opportunity to support the artist and Stephens Auditorium.
In case of inclement weather, a decision will be made by 3pm on day of show with an email going out to our Goldfinch Room mailing list and Facebook page if the live portion is cancelled and moving to livestreaming only with no audience.
The Traveling Pig Food Truck and Catering will be set up at 6pm. Link to menu: https://www.travelingpigfoodtruck.com/menus
For more information, contact the Stephens Auditorium ticket office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Artist – Ryne Doughty
Ryne Doughty is a Folk/Americana singer-songwriter out of Des Moines, IA whose music is deeply rooted in real life stories of love, loss, work, and play. His stripped down, earthy sound is directly influenced by the small, rural town where he was born and raised. The hard-working, simple living, and friendly way of life of the Midwest shines through his music that is understated yet complex and rich with beauty and realness.