We are happy to announce that Goldfinch Room is returning with an outdoor show this Tuesday, July 7 at 6:30pm on the front lawn of Stephens Auditorium (courtyard between Stephens and Fisher)! The lawn will open at 6:00pm with music beginning at 6:30pm.
Here are the changes you will see as we work to safely deliver events in the time of COVID-19:
- No advance ticket sales – pay upon arrival ($5 per person)
- Social distancing shapes will be marked on the lawn for up to 4 people. Parties will be asked to stay within these markings as we’ve allowed 6-8 feet between shapes. If you are part of a larger group, please email the Ticket Office at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, July 6 at 2pm and we will adjust the size of the shape to accommodate your group.
- Bring your own lawn chairs and/or blankets.
- Face coverings will be required when entering and exiting the event as well as when moving around to restrooms or to purchase food and beverage. Face coverings will not be required once you are seated.
- We will be offering beer, wine, soda and water at an outdoor bar area.
- Traveling Pig will be on site offering yummy menu items.
- Outside food and non-alcoholic beverages may be brought into the event.
- Restrooms will be open in Stephens and we will ask patrons to follow signage when entering and exiting the venue.
The event will be also livestreamed on the Goldfinch Room Facebook page with a virtual tip jar that will give listeners an opportunity to support the artist and Stephens Auditorium.
In case of inclement weather, a decision will be made by 3pm on July 7 with an email going out to our Goldfinch Room mailing list and on the GFR Facebook page if we are canceling the live portion and moving to livestreaming only with no audience.
Questions about the event? Please contact Tammy Koolbeck at email@example.com or (515) 294-8809.
About the Artist
Andrew Hoyt is a singer/songwriter from Des Moines, Iowa. After just a few years of writing and performing, he is a Des Moines favorite and currently a – keep your eye on him – up and coming artist. Andrew’s musical talents are continuously in demand, carrying him throughout the Midwest. He uses the ukulele, acoustic guitar, multiple musicians and classic studio production to create very modern and sweet tracks that reflect his approachable personality. Check him out on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter – @AndrewHoyt.