The Catering Manager position is a full-time, exempt position that reports to the Director of Food and Beverage. This position is responsible for food and beverage service quality throughout the facility with a primary focus on catering and banquet services. This position is responsible for coordinating the activities of and directing the training of food service employees while service insuring an efficient, timely, sanitary, and profitable food service operation that provides excellent customer service to the clients of the Iowa State Center. This position’s primary responsibilities include:
- Ensuring timely execution of banquet event orders for the entire facility.
- Hires, fires, schedules all catering service staff
- Planning, coordinating, and overseeing all setup, preparation, service, and removal of food services for catering functions.
- Product ordering while maintaining inventory controls.
- Be able to perform all duties that would be assigned to employees working in areas of primary focus including servers, bus persons, bar/concession staff, and associated supervisory personnel.
- Works closely with Conference Services staff to provide top level customer service to Iowa State Center clients
- Works with show production to handle all backstage catering and hospitality needs for theater events.
- Works with Director of Food and Beverage and Executive Chef to help determine, establish, and implement service standards for catering functions and staff.
- See full job description here.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to
Emily Ladewig, Director of Finance – firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: When Position is Filled.