Iowa singer/songwriter Rob Lumbard will perform at the Goldfinch Room on the Stephens Auditorium front lawn on Tuesday, September 29 at 5:30pm!
The lawn will open at 5pm with socially distanced seating areas and music will start at 5:30pm. Free parking is available in Lot F, just west of Stephens Auditorium. Entry is $5 per person at the door. The event will also be live streamed for free on the Goldfinch Room Facebook page with a virtual tip jar that will give listeners an opportunity to support the artist and Stephens Auditorium.
To safely deliver events in the time of COVID-19, the following procedures will be followed:
- No advance ticket sales – pay upon arrival ($5 per person)
- Social distancing shapes will be marked on the lawn for up to 4 people. Parties will be asked to stay within these markings as we’ve allowed 6-8 feet between shapes. If you are part of a larger group, please email the Ticket Office at email@example.com by Monday at 2pm and we will adjust the size of the shape to accommodate your group.
- Bring your own lawn chairs and/or blankets. Pop-up tents/umbrellas will be allowed in the outer social distancing shapes.
- Face coverings will be required when entering and exiting the event as well as when moving around to restrooms or to purchase food and beverage. Face coverings will not be required once you are seated.
- We will be offering beer, wine, soda and water at an outdoor bar area. Outside food and non-alcoholic beverages may be brought into the event.
- The Traveling Pig Food Truck and Catering will be on site offering yummy menu items beginning at 5pm.
- Restrooms will be open inside Stephens Auditorium and we will ask patrons to follow directional signage when entering and exiting the venue.
- In case of inclement weather, the outdoor portion will be cancelled and moved to a live stream only with no audience. A decision will be made by 3pm on the day of the performance and an announcement will be made via email and Facebook.
For more information, contact the Stephens Auditorium ticket office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program is made possible with the support of Bonnie and David Orth and the Ames Convention & Visitors Bureau Community Grant program.
About the Artist – Rob Lumbard
Rob Lumbard received his musical education in the barrooms of Forest Avenue in his home town of Des Moines, Iowa, sitting in with the likes of Rose Marie Webster, Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee, and Luther Allison. His songwriting is influenced by Texas songwriters and is laced with self-deprecating humor.
During the 80s, he barnstormed the Midwest in The Wapsie River Band, then in 1990 went back to playing solo, opening up for Lyle Lovett, The Band, John Hiatt, The Austin Lounge Lizards, Dr. John, Dan Hicks, Jerry Jeff Walker, Norman Blake, Steve Forbert, Leon Redbone, and dozens of Blues acts. This, coupled with a legendary weekly gig at Flanagan’s, lead to recording three CDs on the Hot Fudge label and being a part of the trio Two Bobs and a Babe that included label-mates Bob Dorr and Molly Nova.