The Goldfinch Room featuring Iowa singer/songwriters returns with four Tuesday night performances on the Stephens Auditorium lawn with socially distanced seating areas. The lawn will open at 6:00pm with the music starting at 6:30pm for the following dates:
July 28 – Mississippi Jake
August 4 – Ryne Doughty
August 11 – David G. Smith
August 18 – Fred Love
To safely deliver events in the time of COVID-19, the following procedures will be followed:
- No advance ticket sales – pay upon arrival ($5 per person)
- Social distancing shapes will be marked on the lawn for up to 4 people. Parties will be asked to stay within these markings as we’ve allowed 6-8 feet between shapes. If you are part of a larger group, please email the Ticket Office at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday at 2pm and we will adjust the size of the shape to accommodate your group.
- Bring your own lawn chairs and/or blankets. Pop-up tents/umbrellas will be allowed in the outer social distancing shapes.
- Face coverings will be required when entering and exiting the event as well as when moving around to restrooms or to purchase food and beverage. Face coverings will not be required once you are seated.
- We will be offering beer, wine, soda and water at an outdoor bar area.
- The Traveling Pig will be on site offering yummy menu items.
- Outside food and non-alcoholic beverages may be brought into the event.
- Restrooms will be open in Stephens and we will ask patrons to follow directional signage when entering and exiting the venue.
The event will be also livestreamed on the Goldfinch Room Facebook page with a virtual tip jar that will give listeners an opportunity to support the artist and Stephens Auditorium.
In case of inclement weather, a decision will be made by 3pm on day of show with an email going out to our Goldfinch Room mailing list and Facebook page if the live portion is cancelled and moving to livestreaming only with no audience.
The Traveling Pig Food Truck and Catering will be set up at 6pm. Link to menu: https://www.travelingpigfoodtruck.com/menus
For more information, contact the Stephens Auditorium ticket office at email@example.com.
About the Artist – Mississippi Jake
Mississippi Jake is a native of the Ozarks, transplanted in Des Moines. He tours the United States as a solo artist, and he is the band leader of the Bootleggers Orchestra (folk) and the Ghosts (rock and roll). Mississippi Jake brings folklore from the hills of the Ozarks to the Midwestern stage. He tells fact and fiction with honest guitar chords and gravel in his voice. Solo or alongside his Bootleggers Orchestra, Mississippi Jake showcases one-of-a-kind folk with teeth.