With a remarkable mix of Broadway, jazz, emerging artists, dance, and family shows arrayed on the new Performing Arts Series at Stephens Auditorium General Manager Mark North said, “The 2012-2013 shows will not only entertain, but also provoke conversation, expand our audience’s world view, and move us emotionally through music, dance and theatre.” North continued, “From Blue Man Group to bluegrass, and from Branford Marsalis to Neil Simon’s Biloxi Blues, everyone can enjoy our compelling performances at Stephens Auditorium.”
North added “The arts inspire us and provide a window into our fascinating global culture, and we are especially proud to offer reasonable prices so that these shows are truly ‘for everyone.’ ”
Single tickets go on sale July 16.
2012-2013 Performing Arts Series at Stephens Auditorium
(All shows at 7:30 p.m. unless noted.)
- Masters of Illusion – Thursday, Sept. 20
- Ballet Folklorico de Mexico – Wednesday, Oct. 10
- National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba– Thursday, Oct. 18
- LA Theater Works in Pride and Prejudice (Radio Theater) – Thursday, Nov. 8
- Branford Marsalis Quintet – Sunday, Nov. 11
- Vienna Boys Choir – Wednesday, Nov. 14
- Lorie Line – Sunday, Nov. 18 at 3 p.m.
- Dailey & Vincent (Bluegrass Christmas) – Tuesday, Dec. 11
- Imago Theater’s ZooZoo – Sunday, Feb. 3 at 2 p.m.
- West Side Story – Monday, Feb. 4
- Shrek: The Musical – Wednesday, Feb. 13
- RAIN – Thursday, Feb. 14. Just announced – tickets on sale August 24 at 10am
- Montana Repertory Theater in Biloxi Blues – Friday, Feb. 15
- Voca People – Thursday, Feb. 21
- China National Symphony Orchestra – Saturday, March 2
- Traces – Sunday, March 3
- Monty Python’s Spamalot – Tuesday, March 5
- Dreamgirls – Wednesday, March 13
- Blue Man Group – Two performances – Monday & Tuesday, March 25 & 26
- Arrival – The Music of ABBA – Wednesday, April 3
- California Guitar Trio & Montreal Guitar Trio – Thursday, April 18
Tickets at the Iowa State Center Ticket Office – North entrance of Stephens Auditorium at the corner of Lincoln Way and Beach Ave., Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
The Iowa State Center (managed by SMG) is a multi-building conference and performing arts complex. The Center’s Stephens Auditorium, a 2,729-seat hall, hosts a dazzling array of international performances of music, theater and dance, as well as world-class orchestras, popular Broadway musicals, and explosive country and rock concerts. Fisher Theater seats 450 in an intimate setting, perfect for drama, dance and ISU theater productions. The Scheman Building, with 25 meeting rooms, two large lobbies and the 456-seat Benton Auditorium is a great meeting space for conferences, seminars and social events.
SMG is a privately held company whose majority stockholder is American Capital, Ltd. Organizationally, SMG has three operating divisions; convention centers, stadiums/arenas/theaters/others, and food and beverage, providing the same effective business principles to distinctly different business segments.
At the current time, SMG manages over 220 facilities which include: 72 arenas, 10 stadiums, 55 performing arts centers, 66 convention centers, 7 equestrian centers and 16 other recreational facilities. Overall, SMG controls more than 1.45 million seats and 12.2 million sq. ft. of exhibition space in venues privately managed by the firm. The SMG corporate headquarters are located in Conshohocken, Pennsylvania.